Mixers for flavour emulsions
What are flavour emulsions?
Flavour Emulsions are used widely in a range of food, drinks and dairy products to enhance product taste.
Where are flavour emulsions used?
- Food colourings and flavourings
- Sauces & Dressings
- Cakes & Desserts
- Dairy Products
Difficulties in mixing flavour emulsions:
- Solution has to be agitated for a long period of time to ensure the gum is fully hydrated.
- Formation of agglomerates.
- A pre-emulsion is required in order to obtain the desired globule size.
- Partially hydrated material can build up on the shaft of the mixer and the vessel wall.
Successful mixing of flavour emulsions using Mixquip High Shear Agitators
Using a Mixquip High Shear agitator allows for intermediate stages of production to be removed, improved product quality as well as reducing processing times.
- The continuous phase is pumped into the mixing vessel. The mixer is started and the powdered ingredients can be added without premixing. The high speed rotation of the rotor creates a powerful suction which draws liquid and solid ingredients into the workhead, where they are subjected to intense shear.
- The powdered ingredients are de-agglomerated in the clearance between the ends of the rotor blades and the stator wall, becoming fully dispersed. The product is forced out through the stator at high velocity and returned to the mix, as fresh ingredients are simultaneously drawn into the workhead.
- The combined intake and expulsion of ingredients sets up a circulatory mixing pattern within the vessel. In a short time all the ingredients pass through the workhead and dispersion is completed. The dispersed phase is added to the vessel and an emulsion is rapidly formed. Particle size is progressively reduced, producing a stable and homogeneous mixture.
High Shear Agitators
- Maximised yield of raw materials as thickening agents are fully hydrated and other ingredients completely dispersed.
- Consistent product quality and stable emulsions across batches.
- Agglomerate free mix achieved.
- Fast mixing times.
- Ability to achieve a globule size of 5-7µm.
Contact Mixquip to find out more
For more information about our high-shear mixer range and use in successful mixing for flavour emulsion processing, contact our team on 1300 20 70 20 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team look forward to discussing your application and help improve production for process demands.